31st Ward Participatory Budgeting (PB) cycle 2 is in the books. With 230 votes the following items won. Pigeon screening along viaducts on Kenton, and seed money for a dog park at Ken-Well Park were among the projects that won in Hermosa. There could also be road- and street light- projects located within the community, too.
- $373,660 for Street and Alleys
- $326,340 for Street Lights
Projects to be funded...
- Traffic Control Pedestrian Island on Diversey near Kosciuszko Park
- Dog Parks at Kosciuszko and Ken-Well Parks (Starter money for the creation of Dog parks in both Kosciuszko and Ken-Well Parks)
- Sidewalks and Curbs at the 5300 block of West Wrightwood
- Lights at the Schubert Elementary Playground
- Screening under Viaducts (Screens and nets under two viaducts at Diversey/Kenton & Belmont/Kenton)
Projects not funded yet this year...
- .Bike Lane on Fullerton Avenue (Improve biking infrastructure on Fullerton avenue between Central Park and Pulaski Avenue)
- Traffic Circles near Cragin Park
- Water Fountains at Foreman College and Career Academy